Monday, September 24, 2012

Dictionary Series

The First Six Small Works - Steps 7 through 11

This is the third entry in a batch about the new Dictionary Series, all artworks based on or related to the word "gay."*



I’m getting there slowly but surely – I think I may be finished with these paintings by 2013. ☹

Actually, I’m not too disturbed that the work is going so slowly – we’ve been doing a wedding, and two celebrations in two separate locations, and we’ve had company as well – just too much partying. ☺

These first six paintings should be done before we celebrate our wedding in Lancaster. One of the six will be titled “Gay Wedding.” The others are variously, “Jaunty,” “Vivacious,” “Pink Triangle,” “Gay,” and “Saphic.” I’ve started two more, and I’d like to get another of the Series II Wave pastels started before we pack up to go to south Florida. However, there’s a lot more going on this month, so we’ll just have to see.



Note

* First Entry titled "Dictionary Series,"second, "Mixed Media Distressed Paint."

No comments: