Friday, September 14, 2012

Characters Pub, Lancaster Pennsylvania

I took the photographs of the food and drink I consumed at Characters Pub on the afternoon of my birthday dinner

For My Birthday Dinner

Joe took me out to Meghan’s and Jose’s Restaurant, Characters Pub, 38 North Christian Street (Behind the Court House and Fulton Bank), Lancaster, PA. I had one of Jose’s super dry and dirty martini’s with a huge lemon twist, just the perfect blend of salty olive and lemon infused juniper.



I also had New England clam chowder,so rich and creamy. For the main course the Characters Crab Cake, completed by the pale yellow sweet potato and grilled summer squashes was a knockout. The crab cake is pure crab, and the squash was so good that I stole some of Joe’s.



My birthday chocolate cake and ice cream were served on a huge white plate with Happy Birthday written in chocolate along with all the terms of endearment used by various persons over the past 68 years. These include but are not limited to; "Clark Klomp" and "HRM The Princess of the Netherlands." That last invented by one of our best friends who shall remain nameless here. The cake was truly one of the best chocolate cakes it has been my privilege to consume. As my granddad use to say, “My sufficiency was absolutely fulfilled!”

1 comment:

Marian L Shatto said...

Ah, but you failed to mention one important detail ~ was that chocolate cake covered with peanutbutter icing? That indeed would have made it perfection.

I am so much looking forward to seeing you both in a few weeks, and experiencing the excellent cuisine and ambience at Characters Pub.