Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dictionary Series


I’ve begun work on a new batch of mixed media distressed paintings. The image above shows the first six pieces at the same level of completion after working the first five steps in creating the bottom two layers of paint on each. As always the works will involve hidden meaning, a history, fiction and reality. However, this marks a departure from “The Waterworks.” The new dictionary series does not involve, invoke, describe or have anything to do with water except by complete accident. Instead, each work will be based on one word. I’ll not discuss the concept further here because I don’t want to give myself away any more than I have in this journal entry. Suffice it to say that I’m going to have a great deal of fun with this project.

No comments: