Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Rehoboth Beach, (Etc.)

Interesting that greening the earth is seen as a geek concern or perhaps more of an extremely flaky liberal cause - "what fools these mortals be." The 2010 Gulf Oil Disaster convinced me otherwise.  It is in everyone's best interest to green this planet.  Thus, I hope to champion the cause with my waterworks montages, the pastel drawings, and other mixed media distressed paintings about water. This is the latest waterworks montage, and I chose these 30 photos in groups of 5 from over 250 images taken between1:00 P.M. and about 1:20 P.M. on August 21, 2010. In order to shoot the photos for the grid, I set the camera for multiple shots, and hold the shutter button down until the camera runs out of juice. The complete title of each waterworks montage is the location, time and date on which the photographs were taken. I have written about these works in past journal entries (August 22, 2010, and August 16, 1010, and I will continue to do so until I manage to have at least one show of Greening the Earth Waterworks.

1 comment:

Betsy Grant said...

Any project involving caring for the earth is time well spent. All the best with this endeavor.