Friday, March 9, 2018

Transgender - Gender Variant Pronouns



In 70’s I am increasingly forgetful. During work on this set of layers in the 6” square window transparency I forgot to make a layer of oil to separate new paint from the dechirage and paint below. When the layer dried and I distressed the paint it came off of the exposed paint below, but not the laminated layer of dechirage paper in the square. In order to make the mistake work, I took a new photo and put it into Adobe Photoshop. Printed the image, and tore it apart, finally laminating some of the torn pieces back into the 6” central window. I am so pleased with the result! It is better than if my memory had functioned properly.

I plan another smaller square within the 6” square. And that square will have my makeshift definition of gender variant pronouns. That may finish this mixed media distressed painting - or not. I won’t know until I see the artwork with the smaller square added.

No comments: