Friday, July 3, 2015

Johnny Depp Canvas: Part II



The slowly evolving saga of the Character’s Triptych of Madonna, Johnny Depp and Julia Roberts has taken one tiny step forward. The central panel, that of J. Depp is about 2/3 completed. Now that we are back in Delaware, I expect to be able to complete it by the end of August. Then I can move on to the final panel of Julia Roberts, which probably will not be complete when we leave Delaware in November. Thus, only 2 panels will be installed at Characters Gastropub in Lancaster, PA in October.

The two-panel diptych of Johnny and Madonna will be 3 feet by 8 feet, and it will not be transformed into the 3 by 12 foot triptych until 2016, sad to say. Other than my slow progress on the painting, I am extremely satisfied. I placed the finished Madonna panel and the 2/3rd completed Johnny Depp panel side by side in the Florida studio and they looked wonderful. The position / attitude of the two heads in relation to one another works extremely well as do the colors. Now I just need 2 or 3 days when I can work continuously for 7 to 8 hours in order to finish Johnny. Easier said than done, and the reasons why will be revealed in September.

1 comment:

Will said...

I will be looking forward to seeing the results posted here eagerly.