Monday, July 29, 2013

Leonardo DiCaprio Portrait: Part II

Part II:  The second in a series about the creative process I use to make an iconic portrait of a character

Playing with pieces of the original images

I know I want to use just part of DiCaprio’s face though I want that new image to be recognizable as Leonardo DiCaprio. So, as step one in the creative process I looked for still shots from “Gatsby” and “J. Edgar.” Three of those I found are posted here.*





In step two I isolated pieces of the photographs that I liked. These are a few of the pieces of Leo that I cut from the photos.* Next, I will choose the image/images I want to work with. I’ve already discussed how I put some of these images together in my last entry dated July 22, 2013.












Image Credits

Image of Leonardo as Gatsby, photo not credited at Alt Film Guide, “Movie Review: Baz Luhrmann, Leonardo DiCaprio THE GREAT GATSBY 2013,” http://www.altfg.com/blog/movie/the-great-gatsby-2013-leonardo-dicaprio-baz-luhrmann/. Updated: May 15, 2013, viewed Monday, 10:20 AM. EDT, July 29, 2013.

Leonardo DiCaprio stars as J. Edgar Hoover in Warner Bros. Pictures’ J. Edgar (2011) at Aceshowbiz: The Ace In Entertainment Zone, http://www.aceshowbiz.com/still/00006241/j-edgar-warner-bros-pict02.html. © 2005-2013, viewed, 10:31 AM. EDT, Monday, July 29, 2013.

No comments: