Sunday, May 5, 2013

Smeared Paint

I’m working on #31 of the Gay Art Pictionary, a painting 20” x 20,” and I decided to make the paint look as though it had been smeared. So, I photographed the painting/montage in its current state and put that in Adobe Photoshop.  I made layers in order to prevent loss of all the images that are part of this particular mixed media distressed painting, titled, Queer. Finally, I made another copy of the Photoshop file, and merged all the layers and put a spin on it.  This image shows the spin.  I will post an image of the finished painting when the spin is incorporated into the actual artwork and it is completed, hopefully the end of this week.

No comments: