Friday, August 5, 2011

Flat Water on the Beach Behind Seminole Golf Club


Looking through old photos, I came across this image from 2006. It isn’t one of the most beautiful or unusual photos I’ve ever taken. However, it does show the Atlantic Ocean on a calm day with a slight land breeze. When that happens the ocean turns into a big lake with small waves, sometimes no waves at all. On this particular day, the water was also at its most transparent turquoise and teal, a crystal gem gracing mother earth’s breast. Locals call these conditions, “flat water.” I’ve often wondered what evangelicals mean when they say they talk to God, because I can’t. Never the less, on a day with flat water I can sit on the rocks of the ancient reef, gaze into that smooth crystal-clear void and allow myself to be swallowed up by the universe.

2 comments:

Betsy Grant said...

It is quite lovely isn't it! There are some who call the realm of God the Ocean Of Love and Mercy. Looking at this, it's easy to see...as above, so below...

Clipping Path said...

it was really excellent post!
thanks a lot for sharing with us :)