Sunday, December 13, 2009

Juno Beach is Shrinking: Continued

Yesterday, a neighbor told me that our beach is to be replenished soon, that all the equipment is on its way from Miami.



I took this photograph two weeks ago. I was standing behind the Seminole Golf Club where the ancient reef is exposed at about 3:00 in the afternoon. The derelict tank wasn’t there last year, and the receding beach sand must have exposed it. This is approximately the same spot as in “Contemplation” a pastel drawing completed this past April. However, in that drawing I was looking north, and I shot this photograph looking south. I especially like the light this time of year because the sun is so low it makes for super colors, detail and great shadows. I plan on going back to this spot and shooting on a regular basis so I can make comparisons of beach erosion and replenishment over time.

No comments: