Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Koi Pond #2


Pastel Painting (30" x 44") December 9, 2009

One friend said she wanted to buy this painting, but that was 2 years ago. Other than that there has been no interest. I've looked on line, and Koi paintings seem to be a dime a dozen, so I haven't done any more of them - partially because work this large can take as long as one month to complete. However, I'm very happy with the way the reflections of sky and land plants contrast with the view through the water and past the fish to the bottom of the pond. I also like the fact that I added the butterfly because it flies through the air as gracefully as the Koi swim through the water.

1 comment:

Betsy Grant said...

At first glance I thought this was a photograph. There's no accounting for people's taste. I think it is spectacular. It has amazing clarity and beauty.