Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Native to Florida



Atlantic Sunset #1 will be at the Armory Center in the "Native to Florida" exhibit

I am so flattered to have been invited to a show titled “Native to Florida, at the Armory Art Center, 1700 Parker Avenue, West Palm Beach. It opens on Friday, January 15, 2010 with a reception from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M., and will continue through February 16, 2010. We should be back up to the low 70’s by Friday evening, and all attending should be able to visit the art without having to wear winter coats.

Yesterday my partner and I delivered the work to Armory Center in the Grandview Heights section of West Palm Beach. I was so impressed with the quality of the work I saw waiting to be installed in the exhibition space that I had to stop and pinch myself. How exciting to be included in that group. And, I was so enamored with Grandview Heights that I will do a journal entry about that after taking photographs of the area.

Thinking of Warmer Days




The above photograph was taken before Christmas 2009 during our December heat wave when we had several days running in the 90’s. So, during this January, 2010 longest cold snap in the recorded history of south Florida I’m staring at the photo, remembering how the sun and salt tingled on my skin, and pretending that it is like that outside today.

I’m not complaining mind you. I could be up north in sub-zero weather with my eyelashes frozen to my face. However, it is nice to anticipate the warmth of a normal winter returning to us hopefully a few days hence.

No comments: